Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Discussions

Old 26-09-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
greenman43
greenman43

Default Happy days :)

Just a quick note, thanking those who have previously helped me out with advice and information. After a lot of haggling and running round, today I did a deal that will get me in a new '04-plated XR8 Mk II 6-speed on Friday - am I excited or what !!?!

Cheers,
Brian

greenman43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Congratulations & hope you enjoy your new pride & joy. It would be nice to see it on one of the club events.
Old 27-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
greenman43
greenman43

Thanks, I do intend to.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 02-10-2005, 08:13 AM   #4
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Enjoy driving it this w/end, just watch out for you know who!. Its good to see another XR8 on the road despite the "dooms day" predictions about petrol. Bang for your buck they're still a bargain. What colour did you get?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
greenman43
greenman43

Thanks Brett, I have no desire to part with my license again, so I'll be on best behaviour (mostly ).

I ended up buying Mercury Silver ; unfortunately there wasn't a lot of choice in old stock, so it was pretty much take what I could get. I thought hard about the Mandarin, which was available and I did really like, but I wasn't sure I could live with it longterm. I tried hard to think of any old cars that came in orange (eg XB coupe, TE or TF Cortina), and for the life of me couldn't think of anything that still looks good.

Since I catch the train to work every day, and the car is only a weekend toy / runabout, fuel cost isn't really an issue. In fact, I think the current market really helped me get a good deal on the car, as no-one is buying V8s at the moment.

Cheers,
Brian