Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Any budding astronomers ????

Just wondering if theres anyone who knows much about that out there galaxy .......

We have just been sitting on the verandah sipping a rather nice red .... no Im not drunk .. I have piccys to prove :P

We have been able to secure some rather strange piccys of what I was calling a plane ..... well its still only a little west of when I first saw it about an hour ago ....... My wonderful man thought it was a star ...... then he took some photos .....

I will post them tomorrow as I have to resize them ..... camera was on 5mp when they were taken and theres a heap of them .....

The only thing that is similar in the piccys are the colours red, green, yellow and sometimes blue ...... you can see the colours with the naked eye but the camera only seems to have picked it up sightly on a few of the photos .......

There are various shapes & forms .... one even looks quiet alien looking ...... :lookedat: In the piccys you can see little stars that are in most of the photos that are still ... like in the same place exactly ..... they seem a lot further away than this thing .... whatever it is :P

Any ideas on what it may be ??????????

Ohhhhhhh we are in Central West NSW ........... and this thing is in the North sky heading very slowly west.

MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #2
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Another billionare attempting a solo balloon flight? lol

I'll reserve my serious opinion for when the pics are up.
Old 26-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK couldnt help myself ....... everyones in bed now ... LOL they dont quiet understand my fasination with late night chat yet ..... nor the unexplained :P

Here is a selection of three piccys ...... note the small stars in the upper left hand side if my resizing hasnt ruined the shot ........... they are the constant in this thing .... the only constant ;)
Old 27-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

Sounds and looks like mars to me. around the right time of night. Venus is a big white one just after dusk in the west. Jupiter is the only other planet you can see with the naked eye however it normally not visable until late in the night, early morning and is in the northern sky.

cheers,
Luke

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 12:19 AM   #5
gtfpv
GT

that is amazing . why do you never see things like this on tv or sattelite cam . yet people see them and take photos but can never get any info from pilots or news or spacecraft chasers . you would think would be chasing and filming or tracking them after all we are supposed to have the technoligy . and they chase cyclones and storms dont they . so why not unexplained moving crafts like in your photos . i dont get it. any how how faraway and how big do you think it was . and was it clearer with the naked eye . was it erratically moving or constant. ИИИИs me how you never know what to believe .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 12:21 AM   #6
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

It's the new satellite launched by the Pedestrian Council of Australia. If you tune your television to a frequency of 388MHz, you will find the 24hr broadcast channel - "Harold Scruby Indoctrination Clinic". It is informative and will result in a better Australia for everyone.

Ok looking at the shots it's a bit tricky to identify! If it's heading west it could be just be Mars or something else moving with the rotation of the earth. You might need to invest in a fine pair of binoculars or a telescope! Apparently a lot of wierd stuff in the night skies out west, and I don't mean drunken yobbos from the Bourke B&S ball trying to pilot an ultralight in the middle of the night!
Old 27-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #7
jonk

MN, I'm interested hobby amateur astronomer myself, telescope, extreme software blah blah although, if a little alternative.

What you have taken photo's of is known as 'twinklers'.

They've only appeared in the last twenty years or so and can flash about five colours in quick succession within a single second.

They're either stars that are affected by the changing density of the outer atmosphere, through pollution/chemtrails, god knows what, or a little green men.

Twinklers have made the mainstream news a number of times in the US but, there's no money in it to study them nor will on behalf of TPTB.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #8
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On checking all of the piccys again this morning this thing seems to be rotating and spinning at the same time if that makes sense .............

The other piccys show everything from lines to what looks like 2 seperate lights. In a lot of the shots theres a star shaped light..... as in a star as we mear human would draw it...... it always seems to be in a variance of yellow or golds .......

This is cool I must say ....... Guess whos loving her Xmas pressy :P
Old 27-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #9
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
MN, I'm interested hobby amateur astronomer myself, telescope, extreme software blah blah although, if a little alternative.

What you have taken photo's of is known as 'twinklers'.

They've only appeared in the last twenty years or so and can flash about five colours in quick succession within a single second.

They're either stars that are affected by the changing density of the outer atmosphere, through pollution/chemtrails, god knows what, or a little green men.

Twinklers have made the mainstream news a number of times in the US but, there's no money in it to study them nor will on behalf of TPTB.

Its funny you say that .... my 11yr old son said it was a star that was about to blow up ........... maybe hes not far wrong ............ this thing just looked huge compared to the other normal looking stars out there last night ;)
Old 27-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #10
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Venus nor mars looks like that.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #11
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

It looks like a mini aurora!!! What you are seeing may well be related to the hole in the ozone layer !!!

If this is an aurora it indicates that the earths magnetic poles may be changing/moving slightly. This may account for the erratic weather around the world... minus 32 degrees in Moscow.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #12
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Coolies useless ........ I will check again tonight to see if it is still there ........ Of cause there is a bit more cloud cover today ... so heres hoping for rain but a small break so I can try get some more piccys tonight
Old 09-02-2006, 01:56 AM   #13
paul351xb

One thing that I can think of is that maybe it was one of those high altitude weather baloons. They have reflective panels and the balloon itself looks sort of metalic. Now I'm on surmising, but maybe it was catching the rays of the sun, just like a satellite or the space station does when they pass over and that was the spectrum of colours you saw reflecting off it?? Maybe it was one of those twinklers or maybe it was a UFO. I'm sure there are many people here that have seen stuff at night that doesn't make sense. I know I have.
paul351xb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 02:10 AM   #14
gtfpv
GT

:lookedat: trust me it wasnt a UFO.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 03:03 AM   #15
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Bakes
Sounds and looks like mars to me
Looks more like the Enterprise dropping out of warp ! : lol

Its great fun looking up at night, i find myself on a clear night out in the driveway with the telescope and a chair stargazing, and before i know it, its been 2-3 hours !