Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
wiresquire
Banned

Default Third party or aftermarket warranty ??

Hey guys

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of third party warranties. I was in the US for a while and looked at these when I was considering buying an older vehicle. Basically, it's a bit like insurance. You pay a bunch of money and if something that's covered (eg transmission) buggers up, then they pay for the cost and not you.

Eg, in those days I was looking at a 2002 WRX with 50K is $1750 for 4 years with $100 deductible. (US$). I figured it would be money well spent for an AWD turbo that may have been flogged.

(In the US, WarrantyDirecty seemed popular).

I've never heard of any after factory warranties in Australia, so my question is can you get them and where from?

Bonus marks if you can give a link _2:

Cheers
ws

Last edited by wiresquire; 04-04-2006 at 10:12 PM.
wiresquire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

i am not sure if i read your post right, but maybe this could help start

http://www.alltheautomotive.com/sear...ty&rd=1&brand=
Old 05-04-2006, 05:53 AM   #3
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

i had one on my VT all states warranty network www.aswn.com.au i had royal cover which is up to 160,000 kms and under 10 years old at date of purchase covered
engine, diff, trans up to $2000 per claim
cooling, electrical, steering, braking, A/C, clutch, fuel system, drive shafts etc, factory turbo up to $1000 per claim
cost me $1400 for 3 years but had to get car serviced every 10,000km's max by a qualified mechanic or 6 months which ever is first have log book signed, invoice(or copy) and log slip in the mail within 7 days of service.
i was away and ended up not being able to get in to mechanics ended up 11,000km's and they cancelled the policy on me with no refund before i had even done the first service
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it's weird .. the extended "factory" warranty for my AU (it's actually thru Swann I believe?) was just like my original manufacturers warranty. But the extended warranty on my SV8 is like qwigybo mentioned .. some crappola about notifying the insurance company when services are done and whatnot .. and I purchased this thru the local Holden dealer? Oh well .. who would be game to keep a GenIII without a warranty!!
Rod.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post