Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

Question AU 6 Supercharged on Duel Fuel

Hey Guys

Just looking for people out there that have supercharged a 6 on LPG/Duel.

I have 2 intec 4L engines, 1 with a stage 2 cam & 1 with a stage 3 cam. Will have a cappa box, already have a unichip - looking to mix and match the two blocks if need be. Extractors and all the rest are there.

What were the best combos, internals etc? Cam size etc? What should I be doing to get maximum street performance without busting too many things :

Advice people! _2:

Old 05-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Ok seing no-one has answered , i'll just add my 2 cents worth from me experience with straight gas systems in the past ..

for 1 , it would have to be a darn large gas convertor to be able to supply enough gas with a supercharger , and with todays engines and setups , would it all fit under the hood ( the convertor , the superchager etc etc ??? ) ...

second , im not sure its even possible to run gas with a supercharger , it probably is , but i've never heard of it before , there could also maybe be problems with the gas freezing as it would be passing through the block/intake at a very high accelerated rate ( like an earosole can ) ???? .

Best i ever got out of gas in the past was straight gas , all stainless internal goodies to stop the gas corrosion , dizzy was altered to allow a larger spark and was advanced or retarded 8 degrees ( i can't remeber now if it was retadged or advanced , was 15 years back ..lol ), the extra larger spark made a huge difference but also blew/burnt points out every 2 months or so. had the old imcpo system ( back when everyone was running gas research ) , left it for dead , had the shaker too and a few other mild mods, it got up and boogied .lol , but thats old schoold anyways , bit different to nowerdays engines with efi and electroncic ignition etc etc .. In the end the gas still got the best of it though and needed rebuilds , carbon rubbish buildup ontop of the pistons and around the valve seats .

ahhh , the good old days , i miss em' ..lol , cheers ..

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Did a show car running straight LPG with a supercharger. 240kws through an Auto.

Predator or something?

http://www.autotek.com.au/gallery/Ti...tickford2.html
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

As far as cams are concerned, I've heard the JMM Dev5 works ok with a supercharger (assuming you're looking to buy another cam).

I can't think of any dual fuel supercharged cars on the forums myself...

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nudge~
Hey Guys

Just looking for people out there that have supercharged a 6 on LPG/Duel.

I have 2 intec 4L engines, 1 with a stage 2 cam & 1 with a stage 3 cam. Will have a cappa box, already have a unichip - looking to mix and match the two blocks if need be. Extractors and all the rest are there.

What were the best combos, internals etc? Cam size etc? What should I be doing to get maximum street performance without busting too many things :

Advice people! _2:
I have seen pure lpg motors blown and turbo additions are common , are you thinking draw though ?
direct injection and boosted is much easier or turbo blow though .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post