Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pods in Boxes.. insurance, defects?

Iv put a Pod in the standard air box setup simular to the one on AUfalcon.com.. Iv used a 2.5-3inch connection, with a piece of intercooler piping running into a 3inch Pod. Using the Tickford Snorkel. No increase in noise, I wasnt expect much at all considering its inside the air box. But theres a big of extra response.

Im just thinking, will this be one of the modifactions that I should tell my insurance company about? Have other people told their insurance companies about theres.. and if I dont, and I do have an accident, could this void my claim because I havnt told them about even thou its basically an extra piece of piping running with basically a filter.

Even thou its hidden, can I be defected for it, if the Police do infact open the box, just to have a look.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Nar you should be fine, (when u think about it) they are just replacement parts..
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive been pulled over by the police and they went over my car, ive got an exsposed(spell) pod and they didnt say anything so i mentioned "whats the the rule about pod filters" and they the officer said as long as its secured its o.k., so your insurance should be o.k.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #4
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should I even tell the insurance company about it. Im only really planning on trialling it for a week to see how effective or any benifits I have of using it over the standard setup.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_RAVEN
ive been pulled over by the police and they went over my car, ive got an exsposed(spell) pod and they didnt say anything so i mentioned "whats the the rule about pod filters" and they the officer said as long as its secured its o.k., so your insurance should be o.k.
im pretty sure a pod filter has to be covered in a box, my mates brother is a policeman and he mentioned that it is illegal to have it exposed. It could vary upon the mood of the cop that decides to pull you over though.
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
im pretty sure a pod filter has to be covered in a box, my mates brother is a policeman and he mentioned that it is illegal to have it exposed. It could vary upon the mood of the cop that decides to pull you over though.
he told me as long as its secured, which it is, its o.k.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is basically the setup. Living in a regional area, I couldnt find the Air Filter Adapter at both Autobarn and Supercheap. So I went for the next best thing I could find.. a TFI Racing 2.5"-3" rubber Reducer Connector ( #8411 ) and a piece of piping that was hanging with all the cheap intercooler stuff.. simply a 3" 45 Degree Bend Air Filter Pipe from TFI ( #8653 ) And of course an SAAS Air Pod I had from a while ago.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #8
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
This is basically the setup. Living in a regional area, I couldnt find the Air Filter Adapter at both Autobarn and Supercheap. So I went for the next best thing I could find.. a TFI Racing 2.5"-3" rubber Reducer Connector ( #8411 ) and a piece of piping that was hanging with all the cheap intercooler stuff.. simply a 3" 45 Degree Bend Air Filter Pipe from TFI ( #8653 ) And of course an SAAS Air Pod I had from a while ago.

Looks like a nice,clean install.
Mention it to your insurance company, dont think anything will happen. Most likely they wont know what your on about. :
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #9
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I mentioned ' Cold Air Induction ' when I put it on my Commodore.. they replied with " so whats that mean, you just changed the air filter right? "