Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2024, 07:51 PM   #12
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: VALE - The Jaguar F-Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Very jealous you got to give the V8 ones a run… the V6 was fun, cns only imagine it with the awesome jag V8…

Have found the only pic I have of all the times I drove the F-type. The rest are on my sis in laws pc somewhere. Wasn’t the most out there spec, but fun metal with the white seats… has the upgraded exhaust as well… never mind my ugly mug…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The V6 models were still quite fast, for a while there they also offered it with a 6-speed manual. The combination of the 90-degree V6 with the supercharger made for a somewhat unique sound. As I have said in the past, Jaguar put a lot of effort into exhaust notes, even the 4-pots had a nice growl to them.

Hey GM, this is how you do a supercharged 90-degree V6................

Many people say that the V6 is the sweet spot because of less weight hanging over the front axle. On later cars, the V8 got AWD so that kinda makes some sense. But the strange thing about the V6 though was it carried the same physical footprint as the V8, all they did was block off the rear cylinders. Any weight saving would have been minimal.

I would have though using a supercharged Ford Duratec V6 would have been a better solution. Previous V6 Jag's were in fact based on the Duratec, 60-degree 2.1, 2.5 and 3.0 versions with specific Jaguar cylinder heads for higher-than-Ford outputs. The 3.0 version continued through most of the original XF model run and was actually quite a sweet engine.

But what would have so cool would be them putting the newer turbo inline 6 in the F-Type, that would have had a lot marketing clout.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: